Love the extra money in your wallet that comes from meal planning, but missing fast food and take out?
I'm always craving restaurant-style food, but instead of eating out I try to re-create my favorite dishes or go looking for recipes that sound similar. It really satisfies those cravings and helps you to not miss take-out so much.
- Spicy Sausage Linguini
- Chicken & Tortellini Rose Sauce with Fresh Basil
- Chicken al Diavlo Penne
- Linguine Alfredo
- Italian-Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Basil Cream Sauce
- Firecracker Shrimp Bowties
- Spaghetti with Smoked Mozzarella, Asparagus and Prosciutto
- More recipes at Olive Garden website
North American :
- California Chicken Burger
- Bad Ass Jacks Wraps
- Swiss Chalet-style Chicken and Fries - this is super easy. Just buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, pick up a packet of Swiss Chalet Gravy in the spice section and a package of frozen 5-Minutes French Fries. Round it out with a salad and your are paying WAY less for the exact same thing you get at the restaurant.
Sometimes, it's not always the food you miss when you don't go to a restaurant, but the company and the time out with friends. Instead try having your friends over for a drink and some appetizers. You'll enjoy it just as much. I promise:
Or make the kids happy with the novelty of having a “Leftover Buffet”. Don't spend your money on one of those expensive buffets with the salad bar, etc, but instead stay at home and use this as a creative way for getting rid of the leftovers that have piled up in your fridge all week. Put everything out on the counter, and the family can dish up their own plate with their favorite dishes from the week. You could even set up your own salad bar with all the fixin's and a few salad dressings. You'll not only save money from not eating out, but you'll save money by not throwing out the leftovers.
(As a little treat you could also surprise the kids with a Make-Your-Own Sundae Bar. Set out ice cream with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, marshmallows, chocolate chips, sprinkles, peanuts, cherries and whip cream and let them dish up and create their own specialized sundaes. They'll love you.)