In this house, we love ourselves some good Mexican fare. Who doesn't really? I think taco nights are standard in most North American households. Here's a simple salad that makes a perfect side dish to taquitos, chimichangas, quesadillas and the like.
Recipe by Meal Planning 101
2 1/2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
4 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
In the bottom of a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined. Add the rest of the salad components and toss until combined.
Click here for printable version of Southwestern Salad
This salad has a burst of freshness and is a nice change up from regular lettuce salads.
- Creamy Beef Taquitos + Southwestern Salad
- Beef and Bean Chimichangas + Southwestern Salad
- Shredded Chicken Flautas + Southwestern Salad
- Baja Quesadillas + Southwestern Salad
- Creamy Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas + Southwestern Salad